GoKunming Forums

That's a new one.

debaser (647 posts) • +1

I've just seen a job advertised on here. Amongst the requirements are a 'Strong belief in JC' and 'A real native English speaker'. I can understand that they wouldn't want a fake teacher but ADVERTISING a religious background as a requirement? Are they stupid enough to think that the authorities can't guess who they are refering to as JC? Is this ad even legal?

dolphin (509 posts) • +1

things are not black or white. it's not "legal legal", but it's "kinda sorta turn a blind eye legal".

dolphin (509 posts) • +1

Why should we hire you?
Because I believe in Jackie Chan. I've seen his films 1000 times and ... do you want to see my moves?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Since when have laws gotten in the way of what a school/training center wants.

debaser (647 posts) • +1

@Dan Maybe.

@Liumingke True. Maybe they should add 'whites only'.

Maybe they should stop the BS (Bluberry Sundaes) and STFU (Sit Together with the Forgetful Uncle). At least most other schools with religious ideals leave it for the application form or don't mention it until interview.

On the bright side, I guess it saves time.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Some ads have
Under 40
females only
etc.
Whar can you do? There are no protections here.

kurtosis (86 posts) • 0

It's very hard to come by people who speak real native English. Some people may want to learn the beautiful expressions one can nowadays only find in highly sophisticated movies such as Austin Powers:

"I could've had it away with this cracking Julie, my old China.", "Don't you remember the crimbo din-din we had with the grotty Scots bint?"

At least they've got plausible deniability.

dolphin (509 posts) • 0

Only devout followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster will be considered for this position. For atheists and agnostics, we have menial roles available.

Related forum threads

Login to post