GoKunming Forums

Short term apartment rental

Szklany (1 post) • 0

Hi everyone

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Kunming during May and June, and perhaps July.

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent an apartment for such a short period of time?

If so, do you have some recommendation, perhaps specific webpages to look for or is it best to speak to a local real estate agent?

I would appreciate any help.
Thank, Mads

vera@gokunming (16 posts) • 0

Hi Mads, please have a look here:

www.gokunming.com/en/classifieds/folder/8/housing

You can find available apartments or make a post with what you are looking for.

Another option is to go to one of the many real estate agents in the neighbourhoods where you want to live and they will show you available apartments.

Generally it's not hard to find an affordable place to live in Kunming.

Good luck!

kurtosis (86 posts) • 0

I used some kind of 公寓, apartment hotels, which are properly managed and even clean your room every day.

If you want to cook yourself, tho, better make sure that you have a private kitchen. Using a shared kitchen in China is quite a pain because of differing hygiene standards. You'd be cleaning the kitchen twice: before AND after cooking.

I booked through airbnb last year, but regretted it as they take huge exchange fees for the Chinese market. The next time, I'll book it through a booking website where I can choose to pay at the hotel in Chinese Yuan or directly call the hotel and make a deal.

Related forum threads

Login to post