GoKunming Forums

Pixel 3 With China Mobile

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Hi all,

Just curious if anybody has used a Google Pixel 3 phone with China Mobile. Does the 4g work ok? I checked the bands online and it seems like it would be good, but it's always nice to hear firsthand.

JosephL (4 posts) • 0

Hi Dan. I have a Google pixel 2 and I was disappointed to see that it doesn't work with China telecom. I had already committed at that point and I don't mind having to go out of the house without 4G or LTE (My Sim card still works perfectly fine with it when it comes to regular calls. Also it doesn't have any trouble connecting to Wi-Fi networks)
I can completely be sure about China mobile but I'm 90% sure it does not work seamlessly with them either. However, to give you some information that is actually useful, China Unicom DOES work. My friend switched his Sim card into my phone temporarily and Yep, I was able to use 4G.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +1

While China Unicom works with most foreign phones that other Chinese carriers do not support, there are places (even within Kunming city) where China Unicom does not have coverage.

For example when visiting some friends in the north, in a new developed named Junfa City, I lose 4G.

And of course out in the rural countryside where we stay few weeks every year, I'm always without.

To survive there, I bought a cheap Chinese phone into which I stick China Mobile SIM card and then use that as wifi hotspot to connect my real phone to.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -2

Electronic survival is so difficult. If it fails, just have a good lunch.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

If you'd thrown your laptop away and gone out to have a good lunch, you would have saved me the time of reading your post and writing this response ;-)

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

I'm beginning to feel that a great deal of recent Progress is so incremental and so little rewarding that it is not worth bothering with.

Related forum threads

Login to post