GoKunming Forums

Chinese Corner

Klose (6 posts) • 0

Some friends asked me if there is a Chinese corner in Kunming for non-Chinese people who are studying Chinese. I failed to find one but I think it is a great idea to form one. What do you think?

Learn Chinese YN (19 posts) • 0

Hey guys,

We have a Chinese corner at our school Huayang Academy Tuesdays 2pm.

We are also trying to get interested people together to look at maybe one evening at Barfly or a cafe.

Ishmael (462 posts) • +2

Don't understand the need for a Chinese corner, almost everybody in Kunming is Chinese and speaks Chinese.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

I think there's a sense in which Chinese corners - and English corners for that matter are a little bit dated. But go ahead and try. The French do a little better than the English with their French corner but they have a permanent quasi-consular presence in Kunming in the form of the Alliance Francaise and they put a lot of money into it. Maybe go to an English corner if one still exists and try to set up a reciprocal arrangement?

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

So you're going to have a Chinese corner without Chinese?

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • -6
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

I don't get it. You ask a question. You get a reply and then you attack the people who tried to help you. Ridiculous.

peterpan (10 posts) • -1

I am not speaking with you, I only said that it would be interesting, what happened with you? Have you any problem?

Related forum threads

Login to post