GoKunming Forums

Looking for gym and also a translator

Louie Leland (3 posts) • 0

Hi Everyone,

My name is Louie, I’m from California, U.S.A. I’ll be coming to Kunming for a couple days on my way to Vietnam, Philippines (I have a business there). Anyways, can anyone recommend a gym that doesn’t require a membership that I can pay per session as I’ll just be in town for a short period. My second question is, if anyone would be willing to be a translator for me for a couple days and I can compensate you and take care of your expenses. I prefer a female however it is not that important male is also fine or even another expat. Just an honest person in other words. If everything works out while I am there I would be willing to come back and settle there and I am also looking for friends as I know nobody in Kunming. I’m single but I don’t have any expections outright, I’m just looking for an honest person willing to assist/help me and I am willing to compensate. I appreciate any positive replies, you can add me on Facebook manilatimesinternational@yahoo.com Thank you

Ishmael (462 posts) • +1

You're going to decide whether or not to live here on the basis of a 2-day stay, part of which time you'll be in a gym? Well, that's too weird for me, but best wishes. If you don't find a translator to meet whoever you want to meet you might drop by Salvador's Coffee Shop after 4PM for what you can pick up from the local westerner drinking crowd.

Thanks, I didn’t realize that sounded weird until you pointed it out. In other words I’m at a point in my life where I’m open to relocating, just to clarify. Thank you, I’ll stop by the Coffee Shop.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +2

@Louie Leland
I wouldn't recommend you relocate here long term (China). You will forever be a 'tourist'. Other countries are more 'foreigner' friendly. It's just a fact. Not trying to be mean or talk crap. If I had to do it over again, I would have chosen another place. Just do a search on Youtube for others who have lived here for over 5 years and are married to a Chinese national. It getting more difficult for

foreigner to stay here. Good Luck!

Thank you, I don’t take any offense. That is really a clear and direct assessment. I have also heard from others as such so I believe what you are saying. I have lived in Taiwan for a year as I have a sister there also, she is actually half Chinese or Taiwanese rather, fortunately I didn’t really feel like what you are saying so much

but I imagine mainland China is a much different environment. I have been through China and Hong Kong several times but not long enough to know what you mean but judging by what others have said on other websites, I haven’t posted on others, just read, as I mentioned I also heard similar to what you are saying.

echoh94 (1 post) • 0

Hi, I am willing to be your mate. This is Echo just came back from Australia. :) would be nice to meet you in person. :). IF you have wechat can add me on Echoh93. Cheers.

Related forum threads

Login to post