GoKunming Forums

Use of mouth masks against bio-metric profiling

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

Will the PM 2.5 masks become useful at avoiding the cams being installed in tier 1 cities for personal identification when e.g. crossing with a red light and being automatically fined in our wechat/alipay accounts?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It depends if you intend to offend or not, but I think the eyes are more of a factor.
Shaved heads seem to confuse some apps.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

The position of the nose, mouth and chin should be very important, more so than the eyes, as we are not talking about iris scanners. And hair and beard should not be taken into account, as this changes too frequently.
But of course the cams will become better with time at profiling people from their behaviour (the way we move), vehicle, etc.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

Maybe if combined with really dark sunglasses? But have we come to this now?
Bumper sticker noticed by Jim Goodman: "Make 1984 fiction again!"

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am not talking iris scanning here. Bone structure around the eyes and eye shape are the metrics I was considering.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

OK, well - BIGass sunglasses then, maybe full-face tinted motorcycle helmet face shields.
"Fight the Future!" - X-Files, Season 6 or so, about 1998. Guess we didn't.

herenow (357 posts) • +1

It's interesting how public policy here is at odds with itself. Official permissiveness towards air pollution leads to widespread use of face masks, which in turn undermines the use of facial recognition technology for social control.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You can also buy latex mask that look like a real person's face if you want to fool the cameras.

Related forum threads

Login to post