GoKunming Forums

Experience off the beaten track

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

Thanks both. Very helpful info. I am building my fitness now, steadily increasing distances. Cycling most days, one day distance stretching, one day middle distance at moderate pace, one day short distance at hotter pace. Then rest. I go to home country in March, but when I return I will start adding some hill work.

My aim is to start touring, one and two nighters to begin with. That is to get my family used to the idea that the old man can. Then I will start longer tours.

jj123 (99 posts) • 0

@tiger

That's excellent, since moving here I'm getting motivated to start riding again. (gonna fix the tires today! hehe)

Question, forgot to ask on the other thread, but here in the far south of CG, it's very windy at times, is it this way throughout the year or is it just this season, or ?

herenow (357 posts) • 0

Late winter into early spring is the windy season in Kunming. Humidity is also very low during this time. Both will moderate within a couple of months.

veravdn (44 posts) • 0

@tiger a nice little trip to start from Kunming: cycle via Bamboo temple to Fumin (visit Lion Mountain?), then continue following the Tanglang river via Qinglongzhen to Anning and back to KM (the last bit is not so nice, the busy road on the west side of Dianchi). Fairly easy three days, some beautiful scenery and close to home. Have fun :-)

Related forum threads

Login to post