GoKunming Forums

Lost my phone in taxi

icbeoaneistari (2 posts) • 0

新年快乐

I recently lost my phone in a kunming taxi cab , one of the green ones, just 2 days ago, I am wonderng where I can pick it up from if it has been found and turned into lost property, I have been online and looked at some chinese articles about this however due to my poor Chinese from being brought up in NZ I could only ascertain that I could go to the main HQ to find it with my ID or I could go and call them with the time and place I lost the phone at which I am rather certain of, however my search has not allowed me to find the location or a number for the main offices, if anyone would spare the time to help point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Thank you and Happy New Year 新年快乐

icbeoaneistari (2 posts) • 0

I cant do that since Im only going to be here for another 2 weeks and my phone is an old LG G3 BEAT meaning its only 3G so chinese sim cards arent compatible so far Ive been borrowing data from family members and uaing wifi when I can find it making it extremely difficult to locate, if I cant find it Ill just have to get a new one when I get back to NZ, it has a VPN but Im not sure how Im gonna locate it.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

This time of year you most probably won’t get it back as it will more likely be considered a sly gift from the kitchen god to the finder’s family, especially if it looks foreign and shiny.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

What does looking foreign and shiny mean when it comes to phones these days? Like a Huawei, Lenovo, Oppo, Xiaomi etc... ?

Situation doesn't sound hopeful. It's helpful to get receipts from taxi drivers. That way you can identify what car you were in when. I know none of us do it ...

herenow (357 posts) • +1

Have you tried just hailing a taxi and asking them to take you to the main HQ? Chinese bureaucrats can often be surprisingly helpful if a foreigner shows up in their office in need of assistance. Politeness and smiles go a long way in these situations -- if you appear upset, then they may worry that they're going to be blamed for something and their attitude can become less accommodating.

As far as closing the barn door after the horse has gone, it can help to set your lock screen text to something like "Please email name@domain.com if found, $## reward for safe return."

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

many taxi companies in kunming, some just one driver, many riding the green car which is old city standard color for lower spec vw for taxi market only. a bit like walking into a shaocao with a red tent and asking for head office number

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • +1

There are a few taxi companies in Kunming, the office of the Expo Taxi company 云南世博出租车公司 is in the carpark at the gates of the Golden Temple.

If its not too far away it may be worth a visit.

Related forum threads

Login to post