GoKunming Forums

New e-bike rules 2019

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -1

"OnTheHunt you sound like a danger to yourself and others." he sounds like someone recently banned on here

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

They want to make money. That is what it is all about. I remember when they put out am edict that all dogs have ti be registered and chipped. After the first to second year, not a peep about it anymore. They always find a way to get money frim the masses for their little pet projects.

swopat (11 posts) • 0

I didn't understand the new regulations completely.

So if I'd buy a bike >50kg until the 15th of April I will be good until 2023?

The_Dude (17 posts) • 0

What's the current situation with ebikes in kunming ?
If I've correctly understood, the only bikes that are permitted are non-new ebikes that have been registered to your name and for which you've got insurance.
The only new bikes allowed are the smaller style with pedals.

However, I'm also reading that if you've got a motorcycle licence, insurance and a registered bike you're able to ride it around the city..

EDIT:I meant register a new bike

I'm a bit confused as to what is actually allowed. If someone could clarify or paste a link or something it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

I'm interested in this topic, too. I have a motorcycle license. Does this mean I could purchase and register, and ride a high-powered scooter? If powerful e-bikes are now classified as motorcycles does that mean they are banned w/in the 2nd ring road like normal motorcycles?

The_Dude (17 posts) • +1

What's more, today I saw a few shops within the second ring road selling new bigger ebikes, this confuses me even more.

When I've got time I'll go and ask in a shop and update this thread with what they say

Related forum threads

Login to post