GoKunming Forums

Cycletourers in need of a good bike store

Eastcapades (4 posts) • 0

Hi there , we are Canadians circumnavigating the Himalayas with our bikes. About 5000+ done and our bikes need some serious tune ups in order to ride the next part of our journey

What would be the best bike shop to work on our bikes?

Thank you

alienew (422 posts) • +1

Now THAT is a great idea for a long trip - congratulations!
My understanding is that Xiong Brothers bike shop is a good place, but I'm not really the one to ask.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

Xiong Bros on Beimen Street out the east gate of Yunda, a short walk away from the Green Lake O'Reilley's.

Excellent service, excellent attitude. and excellent bike mechanics...usually - with lots of spare parts...Check the ads and reviews - should be a map there somewhere.

Eastcapades (4 posts) • +1

Thank you Alienew, Vera,and Michael....sounds like everyone is pointing to Xiong brothers.... so Xiong brothers it will be. Cheers and Happy trail !

vera@gokunming (16 posts) • +1

Xiong bros is no longer on Beimen, but you can meet with Bruce and he still has lots of parts. I think he is closer to Tuodong Stadium now, but I don't know exactly where. It's not a shop at street level, you have to make an appointment with him.

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Ah...then the mountain & touring bike store on Beimen Jie...they're still there - about 100 meters away from the Yunda east gate and sorta diagonally across from the bank & crappy side street down to Green Lake Road.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Yeah, whatever that shop on Beimen Jie is, I've had work done on my touring bike there in the last six months or so and they did a good job. Not cheap by local standards, but quite reasonable by international standards.

Related forum threads

Login to post