GoKunming Forums

iPhone hardware repair

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +1

I've always used a small repair shop inside "AiDi Computer Franchise Store" on west side of YuanTong North Road (between 1-2-1 Rd and the Zoo). From the outside it looks like a regular computer supermarket with different areas selling different kit, but in the middle are a couple of guys seated facing a wall repairing stuff. I've used them 3 times and they've always been thorough, honest and professional. And reasonably priced too.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

My daughter got iPhone repaired at the Apple Store in Shun Cheng shopping complex.
I have no idea where that is.

alienew (422 posts) • +1

There are a number of small repair shops on the east side of Dongfenglu in the 2-3 blocks just north of Xiaoximen.

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

I've got my phone fixed a few times at the back of the Aegean.

Never fully died but they've done things like replace screen and batteries.

I assume they'd do any kind of fix there as it one of them little tech shops.
Bound to have his number

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am just wondering if anyone has had a hardware issue fixed. Not battery, not screen. It is a hardware fault where the phone cannot see the SIM card. The Apple store said it was beyond economic repair and suggested I buy a new phone. In fairness to the tech he suggested Huawei.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +1

@tiger
My various visits were for new battery, phone overheating and new screen so, by your definition of hardware, no. Sorry.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

I usually go to the only apple repair store towards the end of that foodie street out the back end of Yunda's east gate on Beimenjie. Usually good work on iPhones but some rather questionable work on our iPad mini (power receptacle and apparently the HOME button can't be replaced without replacing the entire motherboard - so they kluged it).

Screen repairs/replacements, battery replacements - fast and excellent with short warranties (30 days?). Walk towards the end of the foodie street and it'll be on the right hand side. Look inside - you'll see a repair space in the back and lots of 2nd hand iPhones etc in the display cases on the right (as you look INTO the store).

I've been using this place (apparently a LOT) since the iPhone 3 days - usually for smashed screens. iPhones tend to behave like frisbees for some reason...no safety handles.

Related forum threads

Login to post