GoKunming Forums

Renew Marriage resident visa

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Just came back from reapplying for my spousal visa. FYI, if you are 60 and over you get a 3 year visa.I don't know if this automatic but just it case, be sure to ask about it. Last time I applied(two years ago) the person told me I have to be 60. This year I just happen to hit 60. The price is the same as a two year which is 800 RMB. Next week (10-23) I'll pick up my new visa after 4:00 p.m. Nothing on the yellow receipt that they give you tells you about that. When I have it in my hand I'll post an update to see if in deed it's a 3 year visa.

Just got my 3 year

marriage resident visa.

Wish they had a five year one. Oh well, maybe in the future if China and America improve their relationship. :-)

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Ocean Right. I think there might also be an age restriction 60 years old (I'm not sure).

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

@Liumingke
You mean age restriction for working visa (though I know 2-3 foreigners who have worked well into their 60s) not age restriction for spousal visa?

I wasn't sure. I thought there was some age restriction on some jobs like teaching English. I'm probably wrong on this.

Related forum threads

Login to post