GoKunming Forums

Watch local fishermen

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +4

May be interesting to photographers too.
It is fishing season on Dianchi. The boats are out with the nets opposite Haigeng DaBa (Guangjing Lu).

The light is good in the mornings, and there could be some good photos Some of the boats are less than 100m from shore on the section of the lake south of Hongta Xi Lu.

The boats were out when I went out at 8am, and some were still out at 10 am.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Addendum. Fishing season is only a few weeks. This year Stage 1 for large fish starts today and finishes on Sep 30. Stage 2 for small fish and shrimp is from Oct 3 to Nov 1.
I am not sure what they mean by big fish and small fish, or shrimp for that matter.

ptkm09 (7 posts) • +1

Nice pics, but many of this fish are red coloured, why? For me they don't look healthy. Considering the water quality i think i don't eat fish for the next 3 month.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +1

Salmon and red snapper are two kinds of fish that are partially or totally red. I would not eat fish from Dianchi, but I'm not sure why being red-tinged woud necessarily be an indication of anything.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • +1

It's a bacterial infection causing the red tinge. Usually indicative of polluted water, no surprise. Must be common as old pics of fish caught from dianchi a couple of years ago have red tinged carp.

Related forum threads

Login to post