GoKunming Forums

GoKunming feedback...

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

To me the up/down votes are useless. I still click on the comments when it's hidden. It don't bother me. I just move on to the next comment or exit from the thread all together.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -5

Right - like I've said before, it would be idiotic to take, or make, gokunming forums to be a war of personalities. Hence real-life identities are a bad idea here, keep them for when we actually have to go to war, when reason cannot rule.

iTeach (96 posts) • -4

Ishmael,,what worth can you place on an opinion if you have no knowledge of the source,,background an' previous stance? there is neither context nor coherency.

take a look at forums where ids are transparent and see the difference.

iTeach (96 posts) • 0

we may have crossed wires here,,i'm not advocating revealing true identities,,i'm arguing that a vote = an opinion,,an that vote/opinion should be transparent as to which screen identity is giving it.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -5

@iTeach: I got it, we did cross wires, I misunderstood you. In fact we are in complete agreement.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

I am against publishing of aliases for this reason. It opens up the alias for trolling/cyber bullying. If you downvote someone, and they are an angry troll, watch out for retaliation from him and/or his mates. Or even if you downvote another person, trolls can still target you. That is why we have secret ballots when voting.

You also leave people open to attack by PM. People should be free to downvote without fear of retribution. We don't have any angry/malicious trolls on GoKunming at the moment, but in the past we have had. They might reappear in the future.

iTeach (96 posts) • -4

where secret ballots exist systems are in place to ensure one entity cant vote twice,,there will be people on here who've got vested interests in maintaining the status quo - everyone should take note who they are. GoKM have the right to suspend or delete accounts of those who attack via PM,,it is not a valid argument.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -4

""where secret ballots exist systems are in place to ensure one entity cant vote twice"" that is not purpose of secret ballot. suggest you do your homework mate. look it up. you is getting mixed up

wid voter registration

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.