GoKunming Forums

GoKunming feedback...

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -2

" there will be people on here who've got vested interests in maintaining the status quo - everyone should take note who they are" omg its all a big conspiracy. omg omg

iTeach (96 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

talkin of homework,,try following the logic; voting is casting an opinion,,yet those opinion formers/entities - not real people - are hidden,,whereas comments are not.

simply advocating making voting/opinion casting more transparent in the same way comments are.....mate

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -2

thats it, move the goal posts mate. you just want others to be accountable to you, its a control thing. admit it.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -5

@tiger: Downvote, fear of retribution? I find it impossible to understand why anybody would take the possibility of a downvote seriously enough to have a fear of retribution. Fear of what - being disagreed with? 'Angry malicious trolls'? Just what do you think they can do to you?

Anyone afraid of that had perhaps better not bother to speak at all.
As for 'publication of aliases', anyone who wants to can now look up tigertiger's history of posts simply by clicking on his name on any of his posts.
I ain't scared. Although, as I've said, I agree with iTeach on this, in fact I don't think the issue is worth talking about much, and I hope this is the last time I will bother to do it.

iTeach (96 posts) • -8

Dazzer,, I know you like to talk big and seem smart but look at what you've written: 'you just want others to be accountable to you, its a control thing.'

you gotta explain how a mere contributor - who can be deleted on the whim of gokm staff - can have any possibility of exercising control - all empty thoughtless words.

Ishmael (462 posts) • -9

"Last-Wordism: A Spreading Disease among Internet Posters in 21st-Century Kunming" - a contribution by an infected and insecure participant-observer.

(B-but... ego-driven individualist competition is ALWAYS good, isn't it? On ALL fronts, no? Regardless of playing field or relevance or goal, no? Human nature, hard-wired, uncontrollable, no? Generally directed at individual personalities (socio-political COMPETITORS!) rather than concerned with whatever subject matter may be irrelevantly available.

Another issue examined by the participant-observer: posters' dedication to enlighten, inform, question, or at least discuss:

(Subject: Moon made of green cheese?
Points of information:
(1) Astronomers doubt it, but then they only want to get research grants - there's really a lot of money in astronomy!
(2) Adolph Hitler was a racist who sometimes looked at the night sky.
(3) Your socks smell so you're not smart.
Conclusion: I win, you lose (NO! I win, YOU lose! No...)
Result: gokunming threads not read by those with common sense but only by those who like to hear themselves talk and want others to take notice.)

Ishmael (462 posts) • -5

I was recently in Thailand, where, using a guest house wifi connection, I suddenly found, after a few days of using gokunming without trouble,

I couldn't connect with gokunming - kept timing out. The connection analysis thingy showed that the connection problem was at gokunming, not with the connection to the guest house wifi and not with the server it was using. I could connect with other sites, however. Went on for a couple days and I gave up.
Now back in Kunming with my internet hookup at my flat I could connect with gokunming from July 4-today noon, but the the above happened again, and again the analysis thingy showed the problem was at gokunming, not in between. I was not using my VPN but noticed that the connection attempted was through something called Cloudshare, in San Jose. I had my Avast program do a scan but the scan stopped at C:\Windows\System32\... something or other and would not proceed further. Shut down computer, tried again several times, same story. This all happened around noon today (July 6). I left computer off for about an hour and now it works again.
Question: does gokunming know what this is about? Have you guys been at work replacing the crankshaft bearings or something? Or is this all a problem with my computer &/or internet hookup?

Geezer (1953 posts) • -5

@Ishmael:

I have been seeing almost exactly what

you have been experiencing and I am in Southern California. The network trouble shooter/finder consistently indicate the problem is with gokuming's website. Closing the browser tab for a while seems to get it to work again but It has happened several times in the last few days.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.