GoKunming Forums

(Creative) writing class or meet-up

naiveorbrave (5 posts) • 0

Hi,

I love to write and educate myself - and am pretty sure, I am not the only person in Kunming who feels this way.

Are there any Creative Writing classes around or would you like to meet up, write and read our texts to each other and give helpful, positive feedback?

Neela

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

@OP. Not that I am aware. There are lots of online mooc courses, some from top universities, and some that are free. Coursera and Khan Academy run lots of both pay and free courses. The free ones usually only provide peer review. The paid ones will also have tutor reviews. Some review is essential IMHO.
There is a Coursera creative writing course run by Weslyan Uni, starting today. I think this one is pay for. You can usually sign up to a mooc course a week or so after it started.

@tigertiger Thanks for pointing out the online courses - I was thinking about and hoping for something offline.

Could even be in a café or at someones place.

@lemon lover I looked into his posts but couldn't really find anything related to writing?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

There is a book club that posts on here and meets regularly. There is no reason why you should not try to start a creative writing group. You could follow the same course, but this is not important. You do not all need to be following the same course, as this will allow you to cross pollinate ideas. I think there will already be creative writers, or those who want to become one, in Kunming.

Publish a classified ad on here, and start a Wechat group.

I think @lemon lover was being satirical.

alienew (422 posts) • 0

@naiveorbrave: I am not interested in classes but woul be happy to meet with other writers and exchange comments on each other's work, etc., on a regular basis.

@alienew Awesome!

@cloudtrapezer Since that's already a creative comment that you wrote I am not sure the term "uncreative writer" applies to you ;-) and yes, please! come along!

I'll pm you both!

To other people interested - please send me a pm with you wechat-id!

michael2015 (784 posts) • -1

Don't know if this is appropriate - but if you REALLY want to see some spectacular creative writing - take a look at typical Yunnan government investment project proposals...you'll see some spectacular creative writing.

Related forum threads

Login to post