GoKunming Forums

Vietnamese e-visa or visa on arrival?

veravdn (44 posts) • 0

What's the latest on Vietnamese visa on arrival or e-visa? Is either one of them possible, how much does it cost, how does it work? I am Dutch and I will be in Sapa for a couple of days before I return to Kunming. I don't have time to go the embassy unfortunately. Thank you!

alienew (422 posts) • +1

Visa on arrival is, I think, only available if you fly in. I think you can get a visa in Hekou for a land crossing into Viet Nam, but that it takes a day or so. And I think all perhaps depends on your nationality. Note the Vietnamese consulate (in Kunming), not embassy. They have a website, suggest you do a search online.

gingersinsamac (37 posts) • +1

Hi. You can get one online. There will not be an option for La Cai. GO through the forms to purchase one anyway. When they email you the proof of the visa for your approval, OK, inform them that the arrival city is incorrect. They will adjust it along with the price. It will be closer to $50 for a one month visa. I've done this last spring and will be getting one again.

If not, the Vietnamese consulate is not that far from the train station.

veravdn (44 posts) • 0

@gingersinsamac great, thanks! Do you have a link by any chance? I looked but didn't find anything that looked trustworthy.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

By the way, UK, French, German, Italian and Spanish citizens can enter without a visa for 15 days.

22Yossarian (16 posts) • +2

I used the eVisa for Lao Cai.

There were no problems.

A really nice improvement for Vietnam.

Also, if you get an eVisa, they don’t put a full page sticker in your passport, which is preferable.

Savdls (1 post) • 0

Hi guys,

Can someone else confirm me that he entered Vietnam by Lao Cai border with an evisa?

@22Yossarian
Which website did you use to apply for the evisa?

Also I tried this website evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/[...] for the evisa. But there is no 'Belgium' for the current nationality (which is stange btw...)
Does someone have an other website to recommend me?

Thanks in advance

vera@gokunming (16 posts) • 0

Hi, I crossed the Hekou/Lao Cai border with the evisa a couple of weeks ago, it was easy as pie.

About the online application: I made a (small) mistake in the online form and they were kind enough to email me to correct it, without extra charge. I had my visa within three working days.

@savdls Check if you are on the list of countries that doesn't need a visa. If not, add it in the comments.

Related forum threads

Login to post