GoKunming Forums

Restaurant Hygiene

Andy8 (9 posts) • 0

A new franchise of a world famous restaurant chain (not McDonalds) has opened near me. The building has no sanitation for its staff or customers. The staff are using a public facility a few hundred metres away that has no running water. Meaning the staff of this restaurant do not/can not wash their hands after they go to the lavatory. Who is the best person t alert this to? The franchise headquarters or the public sanitation authorities?

Andy8 (9 posts) • 0

Trying to find a contact phone number or email now for the restaurant but it is difficult.. You're right, I will try to contact both.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am not sure what you mean by sanitation. If the staff are using an outside lavatory, but they have adequate hand washing facilities in the restaurant, that is much less of a problem; and perhaps not a hygiene issue. There are many eating places in shopping malls that do this, admittedly the lavatories in malls have running water, but staff should still wash hands again when returning to the restaurant.

If you are going to contact the franchise HQ you need to contact the China HQ, contacting the international HQ will get you nowhere.

If you are convinced that there really is an issue, and perhaps some inspection body has not done its job, you could contact Kunming TV Ch.6. They love a good story. Tel. 8099999 for the news hotline.

Related forum threads

Login to post