GoKunming Forums

Adding money to travel cards

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

Anyone know where to add money to travel cards around the Hongshan Dong Lu/Wenlin Jie general area? The old community offices have gone, the pharmacies that used to do it have stopped, as has the post office on Longxiang Jie.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If it is the Kunming Bus card, there is a bus company office near the Railway Station just off Beijing Lu. I think it is Yongping Lu.
It might be better to cash the card in and get your deposit refunded, then invest in the Kunming Metro card (also usable on buses) that can be recharged at most Metro stations.

Thanks Tiger - it is a metro card but there's no metro station here - yet

Alien - it's a bit like the Tardis. I'm sure you're familiar with that. :)

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You can use your cellphone to pay for the bus fare. It's very easy to recharge with the app. No hassles in finding where to charge it. You can't use it on the trains yet, I don't think.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • 0

Thank you @tigertiger, procured a metro card for my friend per your suggestion.

In addition, the 20rmb deposit for the metro card can be refunded at Dongfeng Square (东风广场站) KRT metro station. Supposedly only this station will refund. So keep your receipt.

Only drawback with a metro card is the discount for transferring from KRT to bus within allotted time is slightly less than would a bus transport card.

Related forum threads

Login to post