GoKunming Forums

Daily Group Rides in Kunming

JoshuaVeganCyclistJoshuaVeganCyclist (5 posts) • 0

I would love to start a daily group ride here in Kunming, China.

Organizer: Joshua Merced
Date: Daily (weather permitted) use The Weather Channel app. Kunming is currently in the rainy season until October.
Start time: 06:38 (sunrise)
Destinations: City of Kunming, Fumin, Loop Around Dianchi Lake, Fuxian Lake, Haiku, etc.
Out of town trips to Dali & Lijiang if you're interested. (use a sp dynamo hub)
Route builder: Garmin connect
Contact me here if their's gonna be a ride on a certain date. Currently I have no participants.
Contact me for the starting location.

Rides: between 1-8 hours
Equipment: Helmet, front/rear lights, rain gear, and fenders.
Bring your own food and drinks.

Cadence: 80+

I have a list of saved gpx routes. Feel free to share your routes with the group. Let's start to follow each other on Strava. I love loop rides. I live in Wuhua district.

Thanks,

Joshua

Ride Safe & Be Seen

alienew (422 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Assume you are referring to bicycles, not motorbikes? Note that sunrise will not always be at 6:38. And you said 'daily' - you want to do this every day at sunrise unless it's raining or going to rain? What is a 'route builder' and what does '80+' cadence mean? You will decide the daily route?
Best wishes.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • -2

Sorry I am disqualified from a “VeganCyclist” activity; I have a leather seat cover and my chain is lubricated with whale oil.

JoshuaVeganCyclistJoshuaVeganCyclist (5 posts) • +2

@alienew I know the sunrise time changes. That's just the current time. If it rains the ride will be canceled. That's why I said weather permitted. A route builder is a way to create a cycling route. Check out Garmin connect. Cadence means the RPM. In beginning I'll decide on the routes, then I would like other riders to share their routes.

Fivegsrtw (5 posts) • +3

Hello Joshua..I would love to do a city ride. Also interested in Lijiang or any other nice multi day trips around Yunnan.

I am arriving in Kunming tomorrow with plans to stay and teach for the next year.

I have been traveling mostly by bike for the last 6 months...started in Portugal.

My bike is a touring bike with meaty tires fenders racks etc. Do you ride a mountain bike or road bike?

JoshuaVeganCyclistJoshuaVeganCyclist (5 posts) • 0

@fivegsrtw Road bike. Trek Alr5 just send me a DM, on the date you are interested. R u on strava? U can download a gpx file I created. About 28km another about 30km. Follow me on Strava username : Joshua Merced Vegan (비건채식) send me a message on strava to let me know it's you.

veravdn (44 posts) • +2

There is quite an active cycling wechat group, you could join them and propose rides. What is your wechat?

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Laptop, internet connection, wifi, vpn.....seems like a lot of technology just to talk to strangers.

Maybe one should just go outside and meet real people instead of pointlessly jabbering online pretending to be relevant.

Related forum threads

Login to post