Tenwest Mandarin School

Forums

Boten/Mohan border crossing closing times

Asanee (109 posts) • 0

Does anyone know when the Mohan border crossing closes? Previously I heard it was 5.30pm but that seems exceptionally early considering that the Hekou border closes at 11pm and even the Muse/Ruili border, currently closed to foreigners closes that late. However, when I did a search someone claimed it now closes at 9.30pm China time. Not sure who's right though.

Also, how much would it cost to hire a car with driver from Mohan to Kunming? I presume it's rather expensive and flights from Jinghong are the way to go, but just wondering, especially if going in a group. If it's like 800 Kuai, I'd say it's OK, but if 1500 or more then definitely too expensive.

AlexKMG (2352 posts) • 0

200 share to Mohan? That barely covers a sixth of gas and tolls and less than a bus ticket, good luck with that offer. A private car to Mohan has got to cost close to 2500rmb or more. Just getting a private car from jinghong to Mohan is 500rmb. They charge for a full round trip fare. They don't care your going one way as they have to drive back, unless you're lucky or have the time to find a driver returning to Mohan.

This info is a few years old but yes, the Mohan border closes early, even an hour earlier than posted for foreigners. Showing up at 5pm is only for locals. Yes, it seems early compared to hekou, but that's because hekou is exceptionally late in closing. Unless you can get someone to chime in with firsthand info of a 9pm closing, I'd assume that's not the case. Existing border crossings don't tend to change hours of operation.

Login to post Register to post