GoKunming Forums

Dog Friendly Parks?

SmurfyPants (14 posts) • 0

Greetings, fellow GKers.

I'm looking for a dog friendly park to spend a day at so my tiny dog and I won't have to be in the apartment when they do the renovating work this weekend. The only one I know is probably the Green Lake, but it's kind of too crowded during the weekends.

Does anyone know any park(or any other place) that allows dogs in and is nice to spend a *whole* day at, preferably in the city?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I think everywhere is open to dogs. You can walk along a lot of the Panlong river and Daguan river has Zhauntang Park about 1km from Green lake, not too many people. You are also about 2 KM from Daguan park. Most dogs are more interested in the smells than the sights. If you can fire up google maps (maps.google.cn in Chinese if you have not VPN) you can see the green areas on the map.

Xiefei (539 posts) • +1

The inner part of Green Lake is actually closed to dogs, as are most parks with gates.

Open parks which aren't divided from the surrounding streets are generally open to dogs.

The biggest dog-lover park in Kunming though is Jiaoye Gongyuan, which is next to the Bamboo Temple. It's a very big park, with a lot of surrounding forest, and totally open to dogs (lots of people bring them). The downsides are that you'll probably need a car to get there, and I believe there's an entrance fee.

@tigertiger
I've been told off at the gates of multiple parks before, even so at the edge of one open park near Xichang Road. I guess I just don't have a security-friendly face, haha. But I did not know maps.google.cn worked without VPN, wow

@Xiefei
Thank you for the info! I'll look into Jiaoye Gongyuan. Needing a car could a pain, but it's nice to know there's a place for dogs to play with other dogs.

Related forum threads

Login to post