GoKunming Forums

Metro to Kunming Train Station exit inside

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

As far as I can tell, taking the metro to the train station doesn't actually allow you to exit inside the station or even just outside of it.

So, has anyone done a metro trip to the Kunming Main train Station. If so, where do you actually come out and how long is the walk after?

alienew (422 posts) • 0

Don't get off at the Kunming station metro stop, get off at the one before it to the north. Then walk about 3-400 meters.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • +1

This is a bit of a trap at the moment, the closest metro station to the main train station (昆明站) is HuanCheng Nan Lu.

In May I took the metro to the railway station metro only to find that there is no access to the new side of the railway station, but there were a lot of electric scooters waiting and for 10 rmb I got to the train station in under 10 mins, it would have taken at least 30 mins to walk and maybe 20 mins by subway as the exit is very far from the subway platform....

I have no idea why the metro stations doesn't have any signs about this.

On my way back to Kunming at the HuanCheng Nan Lu subway station I had to show my passport to get access to the metro, I hope they don't introduce this to all metro stations.

alienew (422 posts) • 0

Guess: there is no direct internal exit at the RR station exit because of the terrorist attack there some years ago - in other words, to control passengers.
No signs that the metro RR station exit is not a metro RR station because of simple, inconvenient negligence by the metro administration.

Related forum threads

Login to post