GoKunming Forums

School options for children

annacchapman (2 posts) • 0

We have 4 kids, 1st grade, kindergarten and preschool ages. Any info on local schools in HuPan area? We want to consider all options, local schools, private schools, etc. any info is appreciated.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +1

@anna I think the lack of help is because your location is quite a way from the centre of the city and few foreigners live there? It might just be best to have a look around at local schools once you arrive?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • +1

HuPan area should have lots of foreigners. Walk to Wicker Basket, and the enormous track field across from belongs to KIA, a christian private school serving all grades. Not sure about public schools in area, but there so many families living in that area, I'd assume there be options.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

There is at least one kindergarten on that block. There was also at least one private education outfit for pre-school, with a large poster advert outside Wicker Basket.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

I am surprised Redjon had not chimed in, as he lives there. Maybe he is too caught up in the world cup right now.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There are quiet a few expats with families in that area, many but not all associated with KIA. Many visit Wicker Basket. You will be able to build a network quite quickly. I don't think many are regular visitors to GoKunming, probably too busy with the kids.

Related forum threads

Login to post