GoKunming Forums

from Kunming to KM S RR station by 7:45AM

alienew (422 posts) • 0

Actually, the train leaves 7:53AM. Anybody know how I can do this with enough time to make the train? The metro starts too late, train boarding stops 5 minutes before departure and the station is big, with security controls etc. Is there a bus? I can't find anything reliable.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • -1

You also want to get your ticket a day or two ahead.
In April I waited in line 45 minutes to get my ticket while everyone ahead of me could have used their Chinese id to get a ticket from a machine in a few seconds.

alienew (422 posts) • 0

Thanks Alex MG, will see what time it leaves the main KM station, as the website is confused: says "from KM Station", then below it says "destination KM station".
AlPage: what ticket are you referring to?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Yeah, I noticed the confusing text also, but I figure there is a good chance if a 5:30am bus exists, it's heading to the south station rather than departing from it. Anyways, hope that's the case, but best to go to the station and ask. My guess is the bus probably departs from the bus depot one city block to the NE of the station, though I've only ever seen the airport bus there, but I'd start my search there anyways.

Also, there is an actual train in the main station to the south station. I've never taken it, but you could inquire about times for that interstation train if the early bus doesn't exist.

Related forum threads

Login to post