GoKunming Forums

Need a wifi router with vpn

Miklesw (5 posts) • 0

I'm travelling around china for 2 months and i'm in kunming for a week for a mandarin course. I am using a chromebook and it just decided to reset itself, so I need to re-register/re-authenticate it on a wifi network with a vpn!

I have a vpn service subscription, but I can only set it up after activation. Wifi hotspot from the phone doesn't share the vpn.

I need a wifi router configured with a vpn.

Any kind soul that can help? Or knows a public wifi with vpn?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

vpn can usally

be set up without wifi connection, there are work arounds contact customer services.

Miklesw (5 posts) • 0

there are no workarounds in this case. I need wifi with vpn because I can't install the vpn app at the registration screen.

the chromebook needs to contact google to authenticate

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

have you contacted their cust6omer services? or if the problem is with browser, you can instll other browsers even on chromebook. just thinkin out the box

Miklesw (5 posts) • 0

This is before login.. No access to browser, apps or advanced configuration. Just connect to WiFi and enter credentials

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

If you're desperate, you can go to HK and connect there. Flights and high speed trains can get you there and back in a day if you had too, though it would cost you more than the Chromebook. A second travel option is to take a train to Hekou, then cross the border to Vietnam and then go to a cafe. Google isn't blocked there. This option assumes you happen to be a passport holder to the Vietnam visa free countries. Either option assumes your China visa is multiple entry.

Miklesw (5 posts) • 0

Apparently there's a hostel in dali that has unrestricted wifi.

Upland and Cloudland in kunming advertise they have, but don't

Related forum threads

Login to post