GoKunming Forums

Car off-road accessories in KMG

ptkm09 (7 posts) • 0

Does anyone know a part dealer or workshop which can supply car off-road equipment in Kunming? I’m looking for tires, suspension, winches,...
Or maybe a 4x4 club where I can get some info.
Thanks!

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Not really but might be hard to find proper equipment here. This because most of the stuff one sees here is not for off-road use but for show-off use. There is some off-road crossing near Dongchuan on a valley filled with boulders but that is basically it in off road terms in Yunnan. For real off-road stuff you have to be more in the north west of China.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If you pimp your ride, before first registration, that will be part of the vehicle documents, photo or otherwise.
If you do it aftermarket, that will have to be removed before each scheduled government vehicle inspection. They made me take my roof bars off.

ptkm09 (7 posts) • 0

My Prado is a bit aged, so I thought to upgrade some parts, but the vehicle inspection is an important hint. Probably it's the best to use new original parts.
Thanks!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There is a market area that has a lot of auto supply vendors on CaiYanBeiLu, just south of ChangHongLu. It is on the east side of the road. The nearest Metro station

is XiaoDong Village Line 1.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

@alienew
In China cars have a passport with picture. At the annual vehicle check the car has to look exactly like that picture. Even painting on the sides like logo’s and advertisement are not allowed. One of the reasons why they are rather anal about this is that at the vehicle inspection places they make some money on the side removing items from your vehicle (And reinstalling them again if you even pay more) at rather inflated prices.
On the road you can be even fined if your vehicle is not conform the picture.

Related forum threads

Login to post