GoKunming Forums

Superstition or ancient ethnic science?

pengland (17 posts) • 0

@ the wrong person...@lemon lover

yep, Piss doctors are not limited to Naxi culture, just said the mentioned doc use the method:) As for “he was mentally unstable because some emotional and mental shock he suffered 4 to 5 years ago” , the original article did not mention much regarding the conversation between the doc and the patient, so I did not mention that as well, but you're probably right.

alienew (422 posts) • -2

Becoming a person who can do divination, become a shaman, etc., is often a result, in many cultures, of emotional or mental 'instability' or other serious illnesses that occur at some point in the person's life, and traditional medical systems are very often associated with religious beliefs.

pengland (17 posts) • 0

@alienew

yeah I do agree that traditional medical systems are very often associated with religious beliefs, but it's the first time I heard of "Becoming a person who can do divination, become a shaman, etc., is often a result, in many cultures, of emotional or mental 'instability' or other serious illnesses that occur at some point in the person's life", thx for sharing though, might do some research about this later, it got me curious:)

nnoble (889 posts) • +1

@iTeach Scotlands Lock Ness monster. England keep all their monsters in Westminster.

Related forum threads

Login to post