GoKunming Forums

Blueberries!! Anyone interested?

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

Join Green Kunming now at www.greenkunming.com Buy online credits and you can now get locally-grown, pesticide-free blueberries in addition to Green Kunming's other products. The price is 25 RMB for a 150 gram box. They are only in season for a couple weeks so get them while you can.

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

Colin gave me a taste of the blueberries earlier - they are the real deal - little blue spheres packed with juicy goodness...

Green Kunming's system is easier than it sounds: you buy credits in advance at Oasis Gift Shop (address on the website) and then spend credits on the website, choosing from organic cheeses, yogurt, vegetables, sausages etc. You pick your order up (again from Oasis) on Tuesdays or Fridays.

there was some talk of Lazy Bones doing deliveries of orders, but i'm not sure if that service is up and running yet.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

I didn't think you could get blueberries in Kunming. 25 kuai for 150 g might be a little high. Does anyone know where to buy some of the ordinary non-organic ones? I've never seen them at the greengroces I have been to.

trice (36 posts) • 0

I've seen blueberries at Metro before but they were always really expensive to my recollection. This seemed like a good price for any kind of blueberries, with the added bonus that they're organic

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

Sorry guys, these blueberries are not organic. No pesticides were used according to the grower, but that does not make them organic. I have bought blueberries once before in Kunming, but they were selling for 99 RMB for the same amount that we are selling for 25. I think they were imported from Argentina if memory serves me right. Not sure what the Metro price is, but it's gotta be way more than 25.

These were grown within 150 kilometers of Kunming. I've eaten 4 trays myself already. They are pretty darn good. Much better than the ones I paid 99 for to travel half the world.

Related forum threads

Login to post