GoKunming Forums

Dentist in Kunming

judyk1 (10 posts) • 0

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Kunming for Foreigners? Just need a few fillings but slightly hesitant to get it done in China.

Thank you!

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

Huiying clinic does great work.
On my first visit there I needed an emergency root canal. On returning to Canada I had it checked by my Toronto dentist who teaches at the University of Toronto dental college. She proclaimed it to be excellent work.
Aside from quality every doctor I've dealt with at Huiying was fluent in English, and the prices were less than what I would pay in Canada even after my insurance paid a portion.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I always use HuiYing. They make appointments, are very reasonable with costs and most dentists there speak some English.

nnoble (889 posts) • +1

HuiYing was still undergoing a major refurbishment when I walked past Friday 13th. April. It’s getting very close to completion. Don’t bypass all Chinese dentists in favour of a flight to Thailand. Many of them are first class.

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

Figured I would tag on some of my dentist related questions since this is the most recent thread:

I chipped a tooth/part of a filling last night and am going to need to get it fixed, but I happen to have a massive fear of dentists. I don't know why, I'm just a huge wimp when it comes to going to the dentist.

That said, I'm considering between Lanchie, Huiying (which has a lot of recommendations here), and Berder. The last one has lots of ads around town and claims of Germans equipment and dentist, but no mention on GoK.

All look pretty decent, but what I really want to know is will any of these places be sure to freeze/numb the tooth their working on? I've heard a lot of dentists don't administer local anesthetic. It would put me at a lot more ease if I'm nice and numbed up when I'm in the chair.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

The cheaper back street dentists may not. The larger hospitals will all use anesthetic if you ask them to. I was told that many Chinese people don't like the idea of anesthetic drugs.
Dental departments in Chinese hospitals have a lot of experience, mostly with major repair. Your case should pose no problems.

My advice would be to pay the extra for the VIP registration, and you will be seen by one of the consultant dentists. It is not expensive.
The issue for you will be language, but if you have a bilingual friend who can go with you it is easy.

Related forum threads

Login to post