GoKunming Forums

IP Television Guide

Dawei2 (1 post) • 0

Can anyone point me to a simple guide to using IPTV in Kunming? I have looked on line several times without much success.
I have home broadband from China Telecom and it comes with IPTV, the small set-top box and a simple remote control. The usual fairly basic package.
I can watch TV and some films, but each time it is a bit of a voyage of discovery. I can read basic Chinese, but, for example, I worry about signing up by mistake for some expensive TV series that I do not need or want.
Can anyone point me to a Guide for Dummies?
David

darkone264 (108 posts) • -1

if you don't care about watching tv on an actual tv then you can always use streaming sites.

ttmeiju.vip is my first choice for english tv shows, youku,qqvideo, and others for anything not english. no downloads required for these sites though the option is there if you want it. and of course free

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Have I seen a guide? No gave up on that one. We have one of those boxes, f**kin nightmare. They are about as intuitive as a box of frogs. Nearly all of the films listed are samples. You can watch chunks, they usually have chunks totalling about 20-30% of the film.

I just watch a bit of local news, or CGTN for the international news that I read in online newspapers yesterday. Other than that, downloaded TV and movies for me.

Related forum threads

Login to post