GoKunming Forums

VPN router in Kunming?

flengs (109 posts) • 0

Dear all, I have a question for the community. Yesterday I wiped my phone to the factory settings because it was unbearably slow. But it is now booting in a Samsung - Google environment which seems to be blocked over here.That means I'm stuck in an endless loop of "Checking network connection... This can take up to 2 minutes..." I guess the only way around this is a WIFI signal that has a VPN activated over it. Does anyone around here know of a place where I could go and connect quickly to get through this initial stages of setting up the phone and equipping it with a VPN? Thanks in advance!

alienew (422 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

My suggestion would be to forget the whole damn thing and get off the grid

and smell the coffee while you're out there walking around - it can be nice out there - but I don't suppose that is what you're looking for.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Are you talking about a cellphone or at home router?

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

there could be a way around it, by typing in the emergency number a factory code which skips the connecting to google prompt. such code is device specific. look it up online. the code should be something

like *#812#
android.stackexchange.com/[...]

flengs (109 posts) • 0

Thanks!! I've resolved the issue by taking my SIM card out. It was easier than I thought.Sorry for bothering you guys. Hope everyone is happy outside smelling the coffee!!

Getting off the Google and Baidu grid is a better advice, anyway.
Samsung is loaded of bloatware too.
Check the name of your phone model in geek language and, if available, install this over its crappy ROM.
lineage.microg.org/

I'd be interested in knowing if there is a bar or something with a VPN router in KM. In Dali I know of one, but not here.

Related forum threads

Login to post