GoKunming Forums

Dali University Review

SongBird888 (1 post) • 0

Hello,

I have recently applied for Dali University's non-degree Chinese Language Program. So far, the school has been horrible with communicating to me what my classes will be and when.

I am curious if anyone has attended this school prior and can tell me any info about what I am getting myself info?
Whether or not you had a positive experience on a student.

Any information at all would help!

Thanks!

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • +1

I have asked a friend not on gokunming. This is what he says

I live in Dali and have been attending Chinese class for a few years now. I think I know how you feel about the communication issue with Dali University, all my fellow students and myself have facing that situation several times.
The beginning of the school terms is always a very stressful moment for the department in charge of foreign students, and Dali University has a lot of foreign students attending regular classes. We, foreign students taking the non-degree Chinese class, are the last of their concerns. So basically, after everything else is sorted out, they will find a teacher annd decide class schedule for us.
Concerning the quality of the teaching: it is for sure a different experience than western teaching style, you can hate it or love it, in any case I suggest to play the game and try this methodology. Most of the teachers are very nice and open to discuss your needs and adapt the class. Morevoer, Dali is a fantastic place to study and practice your Chinese.

So I suggest, if you managed to apply for the class gott your visa sorted out and you are ok to be patient for a while, schedule and teacher will eventually be revealed to you.
If you are already in Dali, you can contact me through my friend's private messaging.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

im sure dali is not the only university that is crap at communicating with students. but personally i would rather study in dali than kunming, especially chenggong

Related forum threads

Login to post