GoKunming Forums

From z visa to residence permit

Munchkin726 (4 posts) • 0

Hi! Has anybody here recently applied for a residence permit? I did it 2 years ago in Shanghai. Now I'm in Kunming. They say the requirements and fees differ depending on the

province. I'll be applying this week. I want to make sure of the documents I need to take with me. Thanks.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

Best solution - go visit the PSB Exit Entry office (after they return from holiday) and get the latest list directly from them.

Allegedly, China is standardizing the process, which theoretically should include standardization of fees, application forms and requirements, along with centralization of all data on foreigners living in China.

Lanajot (61 posts) • +1

We did ours in September. I think it was 400 per person. You also need to take passport photos at a specific place next

to the PSB Exit and Entry Offices. We needed to submt passports, the photos, all original authenticated documents (of qualifications, non criminal record, etc), official translation documents and necessary documentation from our employer.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

I remember a big discussion about this when the regs were tweaked last year, or the year before.

All of the documents required, and the newest process were discussed at length. It would be worth doing a search on this site.
The search facility on here is not great, but someone suggested doing a normal search from your browser using the search words 'GoKunming' before your search parameters.

e.g. Gokunming work visa
That advice worked for me many times.

Munchkin726 (4 posts) • 0

I went to PSB last week and somebody from work assisted me. She brought original copies of the company documents and my ID card (no longer the green FEC booklet). Of course, I brought my passport with me. My photo had to be taken there (30 RMB). I submitted the photos together with the receipt to the officer who interviewed me. The interview was quite short. We did not pay anything as the payment will be done when we claim the passport back. And that takes about 10 days. The fee, I was told, is 400 RMB. The entire process took about an hour.

Related forum threads

Login to post