GoKunming Forums

guitar repair shop

sanfranciscoguy888 (26 posts) • 0

I need to get a tuning peg on an acoustic guitar replaced. I had no luck searching baidu my Chinese is inadequate. Anyone can send me links to any guitar or musical instrument shops websites.thanks!

michael2015 (784 posts) • +2

If you don't mind the screwing and unscrewing yourself - you can order on taobao. ALSO there are a few guitar stores scattered around Green Lake and the 121 Street near Yunda/Minorities/Sci&Tech Univ (and near most universities), so you can maybe ask the store owners if they have replacement pegs etc.

If they don't, won't, or can't help you - you wouldn't want to buy anything from them anyway.

If they DO manage to help you in a friendly "don't feel like you've been ripped off" manner - maybe pick up a few spare packs of strings, picks, etc.

If you want a Yamaha peg for FREE, drop me a line in March. My Yamaha acoustic imploded, so I salvaged lots of key components - but the wife put the stuff somewhere secret and she won't be back until the 1st week of March.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • +1

I used to use Guitar Doctor on Longxiang Jie. They are very friendly and helpful. If they're still there I recommend them.

Related forum threads

Login to post