GoKunming Forums

Tibetian handcraft in Kunming?

JaskaJaska (6 posts) • 0

Dear all, last year my wife and me travelled to Shangri'la and were really

thrilled about the huge variety of Tibetian handcraft you could buy there. Especially the hand-made maps of Shambhala from Buddhist mythology got my attention. They existed in all sizes and looked like this:

[as I'm a new poster I can't post links, but if you search for keywords like "buddhism shambhala map" you will find a round-shaped kingdom in a map]

Unfortunately we didn't take one. Most of them contained small amounts of gold processed in the maps and we weren't sure whether this may cause issues at the custom control. However, I really regret I didn't take one and as I will be in Kunming again later this year, I wanted to ask if someone is familiar if there are shops in Kunming which offer Tibetian handcraft and may have these kind of maps. Does anyone know?

Thanks for your help.

JaskaJaska (6 posts) • 0

Thanks for the fast reply Michael. Everything from small to large is applicable in our home, however, frameable is something it definitely should be. If possible I would like to watch it personally in the store and also talk with the owner to hear the work's background. This is also why I haven't tried to find it online.

Related forum threads

Login to post