GoKunming Forums

Where to watch the Super Bowl?

Kung Fu Imaging (2 posts) • 0

I'm an Eagles fan and want to watch my team play in the Super Bowl.

Do any of you know any place that might be showing the game on Monday morning live? (I know O'Reilly's is not as I asked already.)

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Nuts...was planning on going to o'reilly's. Have work on monday morning so I'm resolved to watching the recorded version...

dr.JK (23 posts) • +3

I think you can watch it live on sports.qq.com/NFL, though Chinese commentators. Not the same as going somewhere, of course. I’m also an Eagles fan and overall anti-Patriots. Haven’t been this invested in many years.

dolphin (509 posts) • -2

Sorry to be the party-pooper, but there is a serious epidemic in NFL of players developing dementia at an early age.

Not trying to detract from your game. Just putting it out there as this is information people should be aware of ...

They need to change the helmets or how the game is played to protect the players ...

... hijacking your thread for a personal message ... guilty as charged.

vicar (817 posts) • -1

Jut take away the helmets and the head clashing will disappear. Rugby players don’t use helmets though head guards are optional. Rugby Is the proper version of American ‘football’. Much tougher and highly recommended to watch or play if you like American football.

As for where to watch the Super Bowl, you could ask around the bars that usually put on football or other sports. Failing that, don’t watch the sports news before you watch a rerun of the match online which would most likely be in better quality or even HD. Just as exciting if you don’t know the result!

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +1

I'll summarize the above post. "The thing that you like is stupid. Go to a bar or watch it some other time."

The apogee of helpfulness.

JanJal (1243 posts) • +4

Guangdong TV has been showing few NFL matches per week throughout the season, and will also show the final live starting 7:00 in Monday morning.

The channel also used to stream their NFL selection online for free, but I don't know if that still happens. At least once I saw their stream with English commentary, and few times with Chinese. I'd imagine the final to have big enough audience in China to comment in Chinese.

Anyway, check www.sinoepg.net for that and other sport schedules in Chinese TV.

vicar (817 posts) • -2

@DanTheMan

Thanks for that summary (or good try). Hopefully others at your level of intelligence will also be able to now work it out and you can have a good whinge together, even though your interpretation is wrong.
I actually enjoy watching American football and have been following the debates about the long term damage that can result from playing it. So that pisses on your fire right away.

You seem offended by my comment...the apogee of a snowflake.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Not a fan of American football (it's almost as pointless as basketball) but if you took away the physical aspect of it for the sake of the ponces then it will only be more stupid as a sport.

I'm sure the players are well compensated for their risk. If they're not willing to take that risk, don't play, leave it to people who are.

Try zqnow.cc they will have a few links for good China based streams online that will work well within the parameters of the Chinese internet. You may find one or two in English too.

Related forum threads

Login to post