GoKunming Forums

Hip hop music

kurtosis (86 posts) • +1

The Chinese hip hop I heard mostly focused on social problems tho. I couldn't find much foul language in songs like 请你吃饭 by the band called 李小龙 but a lot of hints on government corruption.

Even foreign Chinese rappers like Namewee are not degrading women, but rather provoke by pointing out social problems - such as in 漂向北方 where he criticizes the plight of migrant workers and how they are looked down upon by society.

Of course, Namewee being Malaysian, he can always claim that his songs have nothing to do with China...

So I really can't get rid of the notion that the loss of confidence in the genre doesn't actually have all that much to do with the foul language...

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

i don't listen to much hip hop/rap. some of these lyrics are evil. in some songs, eminem brags about being a rapist.

i just read that china is cracking down on some hip hop/rap artist lyrics.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -1

With lyrics words like bitch, nigger, hoe, motherfucker, what's not to love.
I miss the good ole days of Rapper's Delight.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -2

@Napoleon
Totally agree.

Now every "song " sounds the same. I agree with China on this. It

doesn't promote a good message. Today's so called music isn't music to me. To each their own I guess.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

We all are.

I doubt anyone will be remembering hip hop

songs in 15 years. Give me Mozart, Chopin, Gershwin, Berlin anyday. These are real musicians.

Yes I'm getting old and glad I won't be around to hear more of this crap called Hip-Hop.

Yo Yo peace out mothersuckers! Ha.Ha

Related forum threads

Login to post