GoKunming Forums

Road cycling or triathlon groups

trigirl (3 posts) • 0

We are thinking to accept a job offer in Yunming.

We are very keen cyclist and triathletes.

Are there any regular group rides or will we be resigned to a indoor trainer? Also any Olympic pools for swim training?

Liren (13 posts) • +1

Let me know if you hear anything. I am also a triathlete moving to Kunming and am interested to know what is available.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • +2

I have a Kunming friend who was training for ironman, so I assume it's possible. No worries on the cycling or running training, and you'll get the bonus of high altitude training. There should be an Olympic pool inside the sports training center outside of Haigeng park east entrance. Though, I'm pretty sure my friend didn't go there for his swim training, but not sure where he went as I never asked. We actually have some reservoirs you can swim in, so you're not stuck indoors. There should be more training chances throughout China as the ironman is now owned by a Chinese group.

Liren (13 posts) • 0

@AlexKMG: okay, great--all good to know! What is the best gym in town? And are there running trail maps?

trigirl (3 posts) • +1

Awesome and that sounds a little bit promising! @Liren, we might become training partners :)

I heard there is a Grand Fondo there each year, so there must be group rides somewhere.

Also keen as well to know where the good gyms are.

Im also a Pilates instructor so might be able to get some classes happening

Related forum threads

Login to post