GoKunming Forums

Best VPN service in Kunming

ailinna (3 posts) • 0

Hi everyone!! I'll be moving to Kunming on the 14th January and I wanted to know which would be the best vpn option. When I was in Tianjin 2 years ago I used ExpressVPN, but I heard it is not working that good nowadays. Any info about the current situation is welcome, thanks!!

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +1

@ailinna
There's been a lot of forum discussion on VPNs in the last year or so. Try a search for "VPN" in the forum section. ExpressVPN is still working for me, albeit less reliably than a year or two ago.

SJayne (33 posts) • +3

Hello, I'm not sure if this is something you're willing to try, but I currently

use free browser VPN add-ons (such as Hoxx for Firefox and Hola for Chromium). They seem pretty decent for computer use, especially for a free service. They are also easy to turn off and on so you don't get slow speeds on Chinese sites.

Otherwise, download and use Tor browser- with this, you can access all websites.
All the best!

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

@SJayne,
do those browser add-ons and Tor work with Youtube? Problem with Tor, as I remember, is you cannot access the site and physically download it within China.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +1

hoxx not working now, was last month. hola, well i cant seem to download it witout vpn so cannot tell you.

will try to get tor today

wenhill (1 post) • +1

ExpressVPN is work perfectly. Recently visit to Guangzhou city of China you can also read more reviews on ReviewsDir about which VPNs are working in China.

vpnbest (1 post) • 0

OP there is no such thing as best vpn for a place. I use PureVPN as their head office is located in Hong Kong hence it works best in China. If you want to use VPN for other purposes too then read the guide on Best VPN for 2018 to make a more learned choice.

Source: www.vpnranks.com/best-vpn/

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.