GoKunming Forums

Meteor Shower

jadorechocolate (37 posts) • +2

Anyone watching the Geminids meteor shower tonight? I heard it's supposed to be at it's peak and viewable in KM. Tips on best place to view?

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

From about 12pm it'll be great, as to where to see it best, that will be more on the outskirts of the city. You should have a half decent view anywhere as it's a clear sky tonight.
I'll just be sitting on my balcony as most people's lights are off by then :o)

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +2

Count me in. Love the cosmos. I'll be staring out my window hoping to catch some.

Supposedly the best viewing location in Yunnan would be Lijiang.

redjon777 (560 posts) • +2

Perfect sky tonight for it, seen a few and that will do for me, even though it’s a great sight got no patience for longer lol

Time to hit the sack!

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +2

Yes, perfectly clear starry night. Dimmed city lights few hours before dawn. Couple of big ones zooming past the vicinity of ORION, facing West 30 degrees above Daguan Park.

So peaceful when Spring City sleeps.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Some time between September and December 14th. 2018 when I finally depart China, I plan to re-visit parts of north Yunnan I last saw 12 years ago. For clear views of the night sky I'm thinking of Báimǎ Xuěshān 白马雪山, Fēilái Sì 飞来寺. Anyone with first hand knowledge who can offer other suggestions and optimum times?

Related forum threads

Login to post