GoKunming Forums

Water stations

Santiago C (2 posts) • 0

Anyone ever use those automated water filtration machines. 4 qai as opposed to 10 to have it delivered seems to be a pretty good savings... if it's safe???

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

The machines around my xiao qu seem to only fill up bottles about half the size that the delivery guy brings. Plays some music while waiting as well, so an added bonus.

If you're looking to save a couple of kuai then yeah get all on it, they're surely as safe as the delivery guys stuff and plenty of people seem to use them here (not me). Is a kuai or 2 worth the effort or the helping to slowly take away another source of income for the unskilled in China though?.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Those machines filter the water, but not sure often the filters get changed.

The bottles are actually a quarter the size of the ones delivered (5 liters vs 20). We use those ourselves but have our own filtering system.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Probably not water from a foot massage bath - there was one scandal like this.

You can most likely assume its not straight from a bath or something like that.

vicar (817 posts) • -1

@Alien ‘PROBABLY safe enough” lol!

The footpath noodles probably had a nice aroma to them with the unique texture originating from bunion gristle and blister juice. It’s when it starts to taste extra salty that you should really start to worry.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Shanghailist article interesting, but I haven't had any problem. Santiago, I think your chances are pretty good.

Related forum threads

Login to post