GoKunming Forums

Hotel buffet in Kunming

Iansy (6 posts) • 0

Has anyone tried sofitel, Intercontinental or crown plaza dinner buffet? How much was it? Or would you recommend other hotel buffet aside from what i mentioned?

Alien (3819 posts) • -2

I just don't like the idea of adding to large corporate wealth. There are plenty of good restaurants in Kunming.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

The Wyndham Hotel, on Dianchi Lu does a good buffet, or so I have been told.

I was also told that there is a Brazilian BBQ in/near the Aegean Mall, on Guangfu Lu, 68rmb.
Intercontinental is very expensive, I think 360 rmb, but stand to be corrected. Also, if you don't drive you may want a taxi as it is not too conveniently located.
There also used to be an American buffet restaurant in Nanya Shopping Mall, on floor 4 or 5. It was about 250 rmb, but that was 3 years ago.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • +1

What is inherently bad about adding to large corporations' wealth as opposed to enriching small corporations or the local bourgeoisie that oppress the proletariat?

Isn't using ExpressVPN to access Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc also adding to the wealth of large corporations?

And on a larger scale, is there an issue with adding to the wealth of a large country like China as opposed to a small country like Thailand or Vietnam?

And can someone recommend a "small" corporate manufacturer of laptops and Android based phones so that I can not add to the wealth of these large electronic conglomerates?

I suppose if I was principled enough I can choose to go without, but that is only if I am principled.

;)

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

(1) The organized mass influence on government, both globally and within the country. Large organizations can oppress largely.
(2) Yes.
(3) Depends largely on the way in which wealth is distributed, I think, both globally and within the country.
(4) I can't.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • -1

(1) Influences can be positive or negative, having the potential does not equate actuality. So muscular guys should be shunned because they can beat more viciously? And besides, I don't believe there is a single hotel in Kunming that can influence any government, largely, outside of the hospitality industry, or within it, for that matter.

(2) So should I recommend you cancel your subscription to ExpressVPN and stop patronizing

said websites?

(3) I hardly think wealth distribution in China can be termed equitable and so, living in China is not recommended

(4) So, are you principled or just like to talk the talk?

;)

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -1

support the little guy, buy mixian. but then you have to go buy tp. and give to big corp who are destroying us with forestry, to make tp.

Alien (3819 posts) • -1

(1) No.
(2) As you like.
(4) I seem to be buried in imperfections. Anyway, I rather distrust people who have nothing but principles and imagine life is just a matter of living up to them. People like that can be scary.
Guess I'll go to Hell, ho-hum.

The hotel buffets - I'll continue to talk to you, understanding that I, too, am a great sinner, if you go there.

Related forum threads

Login to post