GoKunming Forums

PRE International School

Fredme (1 post) • 0

Dear All,

I plan to move to Kuming next year with my wife and son ( boy 6 years old ) any advise for a good pre international school there !
Thanks

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Pre-International school? eh?

There is NO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS in Kunming.

What you want is just a good school that uses as much foreign language as possible and I'm sure there's a few that fit the bill for youngsters.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

Pre-school at 6 years old? Did you mean primary school? I think the question has been asked before and there was no definitive answers about

any program that would suit young foreign children in Kunming.

As suggested, one option is IF you can find a local primary school that will take you child; it would be a private school. The other option would be home schooling.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

If he's turning 7 next year he can start proper school, no need for pre school. There are lots of 'international schools' in Kunming but none of them as far as I know are genuine ones which only allow foreigners. I do see quite a few white children near KIA, presumably they either go to school there or are home schooled.

dr.JK (23 posts) • +1

From what I hear, KIA is good, though a little pricey, and definitely a Christian focus (if that's an issue for you).

Related forum threads

Login to post