GoKunming Forums

So What's the Scoop on the Water Shutdown

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I don't believe this.
It's back on again, and my wife now reads that out area is complete, but others have been extended to the 13th.
This is so confusing.

We can run water with good pressure, but put it into a basin and it's obviously not clean.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The pipeworks will have gathered some soil in construction. I would expect water to be a bit murky for a few days until the whole system has effectively been flushed by having consumers draw water through it. It is pointless running water through on your own, as it is system wide.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

We still have water as of 2:30 pm on the 10th in 和鞋世界 in the north. They said it was starting from the 10th–13th. What's going on? Any news?

nnoble (889 posts) • +1

It looks like there has been a breakdown in communication. Five minutes walk from my location, residents on higher level floors in one small area have been without water for several days. Meanwhile we've not experienced any disruption - yet. Despite being told it would be off starting at 09:00 today. What would be useful to know now, is when any possibility of a planned outage is no longer on the cards.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Update:
It's

9:30, Nov. 11. We still have water (Yeah). Any update on what's going on?

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

No updates that I know of except what's already been said. Maybe they don't know so that's why??!!

Here in the south, I still have water.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • +1

"Water will be promptly shut off at 9 am unless we decide it is not necessary to do so at that time. Water service will resume uninterrupted for the rest of the year unless it becomes necessary to shut off the water. If water shut off is required, it will be shut off promptly at 9 am"

Related forum threads

Login to post