GoKunming Forums

Walmart no more

misseward (35 posts) • 0

TANFEI I DEMAND YOU TO VISIT WALMART IN SECOND RING ROAD FIRST THING TOMORROW MORNING AND RUN DOWN THE AISLES WITH YOUR ARMS SPREAD OUT LIKE A BIRD

bucko (695 posts) • 0

I never go to Walmart. Never did in the US and after 1 visit 4 years ago here....... I would never go back. Filthy, crowded, loud, smells bad (like the US).
You'd have to be a poor desperate farmer type to waste time or money in Walmart.

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

Why would you be amazed when I mentioned feeling the pain of not having sugarless drinks? They used to sell them in tons of places, and now they don't. Not sure what the drama is all about...surely I can't be the only one who prefers a sugarless soft drink?

deary (1 post) • 0

misseward: "I DEMAND YOU TO VISIT WALMART IN SECOND RING ROAD" has two fairly obvious grammatical errors. If we're going to be reeeeeeally anal about it...

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Wallmart and Carefour ?? I never go there anymore.
Expensive without conveniance..
Fresh bacteria fish/meat section.
Checkout lineups are unreasonable, they pay the checkout workers pennies and they always have half the cashregisters closed.....

I've seen other employees pick their nose while lineups of que cutting inbreads pile up at the checkouts.

bochi (11 posts) • 0

Well, if you have to go to Wallmart the new one on Xing Yuan Lu, maybe the one referred to in a previous post, is actually very clean and hospitable. #80 bus I think. I live walking distance and mostly go there to buy Chinese wine because their prices are much better than the local shops. I agree the downtown one sucks. Also, it's better to support the local merchants than these 'big box' stores whenever possible.

JonathanMiller (76 posts) • 0

Generally speaking chain stores are not the best places to find fresh food in China.

I love Metro for the selection of 'comfort' food, but never buy the fruit there.

JM

Related forum threads

Login to post