GoKunming Forums

Two things...

Jumba (8 posts) • 0

If anybody can help, it'd be greatly appreciated....

1) Is there anywhere I can learn how to box in Kunming?
2) Is there a decent dentist in the Wuhua, Green Park area that anyone can recommend? Also, a steam room and sauna if anyone knows :)

Cheers

Jumba (8 posts) • 0

@Liumingke1234 - The purpose of enjoyment, sport, self-defense, meeting people, having fun, cultural interaction, contact building, building bridges, a few bruises, future prospects and a good laugh. I might even keep the dentist busy.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Ha.Ha. I thought you meant "to box" as in to box your clothes or something of that a nature. Silly of me. Ha.ha. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

I know the gym on the top 6th floor of the Aegean mall (guangfu lu) gives boxing lessons. The trainer is quite a good guy and well versed in fighting arts as he just got a few golds at province level this week fighting wise, not sure the sport this week but definitely know he does boxing lessons.

Funnily enough there is a (think German) dentist opposite the gym on that floor. Maybe the trainers passing on a few customers lol.

All this is Kunming but if your living in the green park area maybe a bit out of reach.

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

I don't know if it's still there as it's been a few years since I checked it out, but Ring Kings on renmin zhong is a dedicated boxing gym. Seemed pretty legit.

Other than that, theres a place called Zyng or Zynga (something like that) at Nanya that does boxing and muay thai. You pay up front for a batch of classes. My gym at Nanya also has a decent room for training ont he pads with 2 heavy bags. No ring though. Sounds like the south might be out of your way, but if you ever wanted to get together and work combos, I'm down.

There's a supposedly good dental clinic on the same floor of my gym at nanya, Lanchie. There was an article on them here when they opened that was quite positive.

Related forum threads

Login to post