GoKunming Forums

Successful Z-visa run to HK?

Kris* (12 posts) • -1

Thanks. Yes, they asked me which Chinese Consulate to write down, and when I suggested HK, they said that other ppl have been rejected their Z-Visa there. When I applied for Z-Visa years ago, there were also stories about ppl being rejected in HK, but I had no problems getting the Z-Visa, so now I am not sure if I should risk it. If they reject the Z-Visa, the whole process has to start again.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • -1

when was this..? i only heard of this happening in 2008 and then again about 5-6 years ago, since then after that you needed to put hk in the paperwork

CaeruleusCaeruleus (51 posts) • 0

I just did a Z visa run to HK and had no problems. Australian passport which cost HKD 1520 for next day service.

Just make sure you have all the photocopies you need before you go, or take a working Octopus card to pay for the copy machine. It was a little embarrassing and frustrating standing in line watching foreigner after foreigner get to the front and then delay the process trying to beg an Octopus card off the people around them.

As mentioned in other posts, make sure you have HK registered as your consulate of choice on the paperwork or you won't be accepted. They guys at the foreign experts office here were nervous about rejections and didn't really know the consulate's policies, but listed HK "at my own risk" and it worked out fine.

Visa Fee: 310
Visa Rush Fee: 310
Service Fee: 240
Service Rush Fee: 660

Address was 20/F Capital Centre, 151 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, HK. Don't bother going to the address listed on the consulate's website.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Specifically the "consulate of choice" (to apply work visa from) must be filled on internet form when inputting data for application of "work permit application notice".

This chosen consulate does not appear on the "NOTIFICATION LETTER OF FOREIGNER’S WORK PERMIT" that you must attach to work visa application, but the information is stored in system and accessible to the visa authorities via the barcode in the paper.

This note is mainly for those registering their own companies (and subsequently getting to fill these applications online by themselves). I recently did this myself.

Related forum threads

Login to post