GoKunming Forums

ExpressVPN

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

When I use ExpressVPN my location, it seems, is not entirely 'randomized' - through ExpressVPN I connect to Yahoo through, say, Los Angeles, and I get a weather report for Taoyuan City, which is in Shanxi Province, PRC.
Last week I used ExpressVPN in Luang Namtha, Laos and got a weather report for Phongsaly, Laos.

My conclusion: Yahoo, and therefore probably OTHER PEOPLE, seem to know the country I'm in.
Is this a valid conclusion? I thought the idea of a VPN was that it made location entirely invisible.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

And now, 2 hours later, and not for the first time, I cannot get online WITHOUT using my ExpressVPN.
Where is Cylon Central?

PS: Possibly related information - there is a black hole inside the ATM machine at the bank on the corner of Wenlinjie and Wenhuaxiang that eats bank cards.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

In the light of the frightening news announced on gokunming today concerning the replacement of bank cards by facial recognition software, people may soon begin to vanish.
Too much connectivity. Carry pencils.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

After my last communication with Earth 10 minutes ago I was, without warning, kicked off of ExpressVPN and suddenly found I could only get on through my local server again. Apparently I am either 1 or...0, in Something Else's computation.

P(rophetic) S(ubtext): "...angelheaded hipsters BURNING for the (A)ncient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in (T)he (M)achinery of night..." - Allen Ginsberg, HOWL, 1958

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • +1

Contacted ExpressVPN and they said:

Please note that we are aware of the problem, and our engineers are working on a fix. We are receiving the same issues with other customers too. We expect this to be resolved soon, but in the meantime, please connect to Japan or Hong Kong 1 server location.

Related forum threads

Login to post