GoKunming Forums

Yoga Class

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +1

Not sure if you're still searching for yoga class near the zoo, but I know there's one inside Green Lake, not far from the north gate.

Their classrooms are quietly nested across from the black swans (and their cartoonish floating abode in the middle of a pond). On early weekend mornings I've seen/heard Indian yoga instructors chant catchy tunes in their native tongue, a cappella style. Friendly, professional yogis perhaps.

Poster @Juli_an wrote about this place 6 years ago in another thread:

"There is a Yoga studio in the middle of Green Lake. It is called fashion Yoga. The atmosphere down there is quite good as it is attached to a tea house after the lessons you can sit next to the lake and drink some tea for free. The teachers are Yogis from India. I think they teach very traditional Indian Yoga. Lesson language is usually English. Only two of them speak Chinese so they will hold lessons bilingual. They have classes for different levels everyday. I think 60Yuan for one lesson is quite expensive. But that is how much you pay for Yoga in Kunming..."

www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/4463/yoga_in_kunming

You'll find above-mentioned Fashion Yoga in the official listing of yoga classes on GoKunming:

www.gokunming.com/en/listings/itemlist/kunming/yoga/

Yoga threads discussed in GoKunming forums:

www.gokunming.com/en/forums/all/?search=yoga

Related forum threads

Login to post